Deadline: 31 January 2020
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Assistant in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 12 months.
IUCN provides public, private and non-governmental organizations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Assist the project team in data collection from the fields on human-elephant conflict to understand the nature, scale and related attributes (e.g. population, demography, routes, corridors, environment, social structures, nature of loss and damage caused by elephants, and sensitive issues related to forcibly displaced Myanmar citizens) that are affecting the conflicts.
- Lead the formation of Elephant Response Teams (ERTs) from refugee and host communities with support from Bangladesh Forest Department, UNHCR, and Camp InCharge (CIC) of RRRC.
- Organize capacity building activities for ERTs and ensure their effective engagement as per their code of conduct.
- Assist the Project Manager in installment of watch-towers, trip alarms, and road-signs (i.e. signboards, billboards, flags, etc.) in and around the camp area as a part of human-elephant conflict mitigation activities as per the guidelines and policies of IUCN, UNHCR and RRRC.
- Assist in providing logistics to the ERTs (e.g. high powered search lights, hand mikes, whistles, torch lights, umbrellas, and solar panels) and ensure proper utilization and maintenance of those items.
- Assist in organizing different project events with people of concern and other stakeholders (e.g. discussions, meetings, workshops, training sessions, knowledge sharing events, and promotional opportunities for the project) in Cox’s Bazar and other parts of the country.
- Assist the project team members in preparing project documents and reports, including donor reports, event reports, case studies, fact-sheets, and web-stories.
- Assist in collecting information on the impacts, lessons, and challenges of human-elephant conflict mitigation measures undertaken by the project in and around the camp area.
- Assist the project team members, project experts/consultants, UNHCR, RRRC, and the programme development unit of IUCN Bangladesh in project development.
- Provide support to the other projects of IUCN Bangladesh in the Cox’s Bazar region.
- Ensure that IUCN’s and UNHCR’s policies and mandates as outlined in the PPA is duly complied with in all project activities.
- Undertake any other tasks that may be assigned by the Programme Coordinator and the Project Manager of IUCN Bangladesh, from time to time.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s in Zoology, Wildlife Biology, Forestry, Marine Science, Environment, or other related fields.
- At least 2 year’s professional experience relevant to the assignment as defined in the terms of reference.
- Good presentation, writing and spoken communication skills in English and Bangia are essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IUCN.