Deadline: 5 August 2019
WWF-India is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Project Officer in Harike, India.
The Senior Project Officer will be responsible to provide technical and strategic support to the expanding work in Punjab which aims to promote multi stakeholder led integrated conservation of freshwater ecosystems.
WWF-India’s mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Project Officer will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate the overall functioning of the Harike Office which cuts across technical work including biodiversity, hydrology and water quality surveys.
- Lead the engagement with communities (Beas Mitters-Friends of Beas) and roll out the community conservation programme in Beas and Harike.
- Lead the communications & outreach programmes to be rolled out by the Harike office.
- Collate, consolidate and analyse all the technical studies done in Beas Conservation Reserve and Harike and prepare technical reports.
- Support the Coordinator in the development of Integrated Management Plans for various wetlands in Punjab
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with all stakeholders
- Prepare and submit technical progress report as well as work plans for the new and ongoing projects respectively.
- Represent WWF India in various seminars, conferences, workshops.
- Other tasks may be assigned as necessary, according to organizational needs.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced degree in ecology, environmental sciences, natural resources management, biology, or related field
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in the field of wetland conservation.
- Knowledge and appreciation of the participatory approaches to conservation.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and good working knowledge of Punjabi.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to motivate people to action.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Please submit an up-to-date CV (mentioning applicant’s full name in the resume attachment), giving details regarding compensation received in the present assignment, expected salary, and three references via email at the address given on the website, with “Senior Project Officer-Harike Field Office”, as the subject line.
For more information, please visit WWF-India.