Deadline: 15 May 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior/Safeguards Specialist (Environment) in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior/Safeguards Specialist (Environment) will perform the following functions-
- As a project processing team mission member, actively supports Project Team Leaders (PTLs) in complying with ADB’s environmental safeguard requirements and related communication and disclosure policies in project processing, including identifying issues/impacts and necessary studies, proposing categorization, scoping and defining terms of reference for environmental assessments, and coordinating the environmental assessment process.
- Work with government counterparts and provide guidance in formulating environmental safeguard planning documents (e.g., environmental assessment and review frameworks, environmental assessment documents).
- Within project teams, takes primary responsibility for obtaining ADB (and DMC domestic, as needed) environmental safeguard compliance approvals, including for initial environmental categorization, project concept paper, management consideration, and Board consideration.
- As a project administration team mission member, supervises the implementation of environmental management requirements of projects, advise on environmental safeguard compliance risks of environmentally sensitive and complex projects, and identify necessary corrective actions.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Environmental Engineering, Environment Sciences, or other related fields.
- University Degree in Environmental Engineering, Environment Sciences, or other related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 8/10 year’s of relevant professional experience in environmental safeguards, environmental impact assessment and management, and environmental policy.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing environmental, health and safety issues associated with infrastructure development projects, and operational experience in the preparation and implementation of such projects.
- International experience working in the Southeast Asian region, preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Sound expertise in specific area (preferably one of the following areas/sectors: biodiversity impact assessment; noise/air quality impact modeling; strategic environmental impact assessment; environmental and social management systems for Financial Intermidiaries; safeguard instruments for green bonds; or similar).
- Experience applying knowledge in diverse international settings and/or experience working in multilateral development banks (MDBs).
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive project member.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.