Deadline: 6 May 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Shelter and Infrastructure Assistant- Forestry/Environment in Kitgum, Uganda.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Shelter and Infrastructure Assistant- Forestry/Environment will perform the following functions:
- Collaboration with relevant external technical experts on issues related to forest and environmental protection and conservation in Kitgum operation area and in (Refugees and host communities).
- Actively participate in the designing and supervising of the forest operation and management in of all food forest/woodlots in collaboration with the Kitgum District Local Government KDLG Natural Resource Officer.
- Represent DRC with local authorities and other stakeholders in the District jurisdiction.
- Coordinate all Forestry related activities in the District of jurisdiction in collaboration with other actors in the sector.
- Promote integration of environment protection and conservation in programming of all sectors DRC is intervening.
- Spearhead Forestry education in the designated areas of DRC operations with emphasis on Resilience designs on promoting forest protection, development and climate change adaptation.
- Spearhead the development and review community environment action plants in collaborations with relevant stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree or Diploma in Forestry, Environmental science and Management from recognized University.
- Strong knowledge in Cash for Work/Voucher for work intervention in line with Forest and natural resource management.
- Thematic trainings relevant to the position for instance; nursery bed establishment, woodlots establishment, water and soil conservation, sustainable environmental conservation and protection, Natural Resource management and among others.
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in implementing environmental conservation related activities in Humanitarian and Development Context.
- 2 year’s experience managing forest based resources and vibrant knowledge in raising tree seedlings and woodlots establishment.
- Experience of working with UN or Non‐Governmental organizations.
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness.
- Understanding of CFW/VFW approaches, gender, protection and human rights.
- Exceptional knowledge is Result based Management in line with Agro Forestry.
- Outstanding knowledge in Risk based management of Humanitarian and Development projects.
- Good organizational and people management skills.
- English- fluency and any one of the local languages spoken in the host community and settlements.
- Knowledge of local language spoken in Uganda.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.