Deadline: 6 May 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Shelter and Infrastructure Assistant- Forestry/Environment in Kitgum, Uganda.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Shelter and Infrastructure Assistant- Forestry/Environment will perform the following functions:
- Collaboration with relevant external technical experts on issues related to forest and environmental protection and conservation in Kitgum operation area and in (Refugees and host communities).
- Actively participate in the designing and supervising of the forest operation and management in of all food forest/woodlots in collaboration with the Kitgum District Local Government KDLG Natural Resource Officer.
- Represent DRC with local authorities and other stakeholders in the District jurisdiction.
- Coordinate all Forestry related activities in the District of jurisdiction in collaboration with other actors in the sector.
- Promote integration of environment protection and conservation in programming of all sectors DRC is intervening.
- Spearhead Forestry education in the designated areas of DRC operations with emphasis on Resilience designs on promoting forest protection, development and climate change adaptation.
- Spearhead the development and review community environment action plants in collaborations with relevant stakeholders.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree or Diploma in Forestry, Environmental science and Management from recognized University.
- Strong knowledge in Cash for Work/Voucher for work intervention in line with Forest and natural resource management.
- Thematic trainings relevant to the position for instance; nursery bed establishment, woodlots establishment, water and soil conservation, sustainable environmental conservation and protection, Natural Resource management and among others.
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in implementing environmental conservation related activities in Humanitarian and Development Context.
- 2 year’s experience managing forest based resources and vibrant knowledge in raising tree seedlings and woodlots establishment.
- Experience of working with UN or Non‐Governmental organizations.
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness.
- Understanding of CFW/VFW approaches, gender, protection and human rights.
- Exceptional knowledge is Result based Management in line with Agro Forestry.
- Outstanding knowledge in Risk based management of Humanitarian and Development projects.
- Good organizational and people management skills.
- English- fluency and any one of the local languages spoken in the host community and settlements.
- Knowledge of local language spoken in Uganda.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.