Deadline: 17 December 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Forestry and Climate Change Specialist in Jakarta, Indonesia. The duration of this project is 5 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Social Forestry and Climate Change Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Serve as a focal point for liaising with government and partners, in close collaboration with the UN-REDD Regional Asia-Pacific team;
- Draft inception work plan, combined annual and semi-annual work plans, reports against work plans in approved inter-agency format, and provide budget updates,
- Conduct a country-level comparative assessment of mitigation contribution of different social forestry models, including potential of community forestry, private social forest initiatives, and different forest management practices and tenure regimes;
- Facilitate participatory discussions to decide on methods and the integration of social forestry monitoring in National Forest Monitoring Systems (NFMS);
- Build system and human capacities of national government institutes to enable social forestry monitoring within the NFMS;
- Assist in identifying and including specific social forestry interventions as mitigation and adaptation actions in the implementation of NDCs and their future revision;
- Support identification of actors (social forestry programmes, incubators/accelerators, etc) at the country level and facilitate in-country activities pertaining to promoting and accelerating responsible private investments in social forestry;
Applicant must have:
- Advanced university degree in forestry, environment, natural resources management;
- At least five years of professional experience relating to forestry with experience in field forest practices;
- Experience in planning for and running workshops and meetings including with ASEAN Secretariat, government agency staff, planning agendas, drafting and sending invitations using MS Word and email;
- Experience in managing project activities with a government department being an advantage;
- Experience in working with international organizations is an advantage;
- Good writing, presentation and communication skills;
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge (level C) of English and Bahasa Indonesian;
- Nationality of Indonesia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.