Deadline: 20 October 2018
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Support Services Manager in Tikrit, Iraq. The duration of this post is 6 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Support Services Manager will perform the following functions:
- Financial Management
- Monitor and support the finance functions at Tikrit Office to make sure that adequate funds are available at all times and that all transactions are properly processed and documented.
- Establishing and maintain internal financial procedures compatible with the country’s law, the organization’s internal regulations and donor requirements.
- Supply Chain Management
- Ensure that logistics and procurement functions are conducted in a timely manner and according to DRC Supply Chain Operations Handbook.
- Ensure that inventory and assets lists are maintained and regularly updated in coordination with logistics department in Baghdad.
- Human Resources & Administration Management
- Oversee HR functions ensuring that DRC HR policies and procedures are clearly understood and are followed, including adherence to Iraqi Labour Law.
- Conduct on-the-job training to field staff as necessary and induction/training for new staff based in Tikrit.
- Capacity Building
- Conduct capacity assessment for the support services team, develop and implement a capacity building plan.
- Conduct on job-training to support services team on Finance, Supply Chain, Human Resources and Compliance.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in management for humanitarian agencies, preferably International NGOs.
- Ability and willingness to work in a rapid-paced and highly stressful environment.
- Proficient computer skills in MS-Excel, MS-Word, Outlook, etc.
- Strong financial management skills and experience.
- Experience working with Automated Software for Organization’s resources planning.
- Understanding of and experience in public procurement principles and practices.
- Experience from working in a volatile environment and remote management of staff.
- Ability to motivate and guide staff working in a complex conflict environment.
- Experience from the Middle Eastern context an advantage.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.