Deadline: 17 December 2017
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Sustainable Building Specialist in Rome, Italy.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Sustainable Building Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Oversee the audit of a number of WFP office and accommodation field sites, as well as providing individual plausibility reports for each of the facilities, in collaboration with WFP external partners;
- Conduct a full life-cycle analysis of an existing compound to use as a baseline for future studies;
- Guide and develop strategy to incorporate the recommended interventions into the design of identified facilities;
- Design, cost and develop an integrated low energy modular solution for an office and accommodation site based on maximised efficiencies, low energy footprint, ease of construction, low ongoing maintenance and the provision of off grid services.
- Identify and measure performance indicators and compare with the measured baseline.
Applicants must have-
- A primary university degree in Engineering or Architecture is required.
- An advanced university degree related to building technologies or renewable energy is desirable.
- Minimum 8 years relevant post-graduate industry experience.
- At least 5 years directly related experience in the field of sustainable building projects.
- Working in an international context for developing appropriate strategies for infrastructure in environments with limited resources is required.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.