Deadline: 26 June 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Technical Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support the design, budget planning and management, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of the BES Solution Fund multi-year workplans to ensure high quality and timely project delivery, including regular review and analysis of project environment and time readjustment support, as needed.
- Provide support to the application of the results-based management tools, gender sensitive data collection and measuring of outputs, outcomes and impacts.
- Ensure that the BES Solution Fund activities are well integrated into broader biodiversity/environment portfolio and contribute to the UN Development Assistance Framework.
- Coordinate regular reporting on the BES Solution Fund activities, results and achievements and support the preparation of customized reports and materials for different internal/external audiences, as needed.
- Provide technical backstopping support in the identification and engagement of key stakeholders from policy, science and practice communities with the national BES platforms, BES Solution Fund activities and other components of BES-Net Phase II, as appropriate.
- Ensure that national level governance processes and procedures for the project are correctly followed, governance activities such as BES platform meetings are organized regularly, and the in-country activities adhere to the respective governance bodies’ recommendations.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in environment, development or other relevant fields.
- Minimum 5 year’s of professional experience in the areas of result-based project management, including planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation at regional or international levels (i.e. multiple countries.
- Solid technical knowledge and practical experience in biodiversity conservation and ecosystem services management concepts and practices.
- Proven experience and skill in multi-stakeholder engagement, dialogue facilitation and capacity building support.
- Strong communication, analysis and report writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively and deliver quality outputs under pressure and within agreed tight deadlines.
- Previous work experience with UN or renowned international organizations is desired.
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communication skills is required.
- Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an asset.
- Nationality of Kenya.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.