Deadline : 31 March 2020
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Technical Specialist in Lebanon.
The Technical Specialist will be responsible to enhance conservation and protection of Lebanon’s water resources through improvements to public water and wastewater infrastructure, improved efficiency of water and wastewater management, and conservation of water resources.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Technical Specialist will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Manage water and wastewater utility, including performance monitoring and management; cost recovery, tariffs, water metering, financial sustainability; non-revenue water loss reduction; treatment and network optimization; asset and maintenance management.
- Manage constructed wetlands, treated wastewater reuse, fecal sludge, water and wastewater treatment technologies and processes.
- Operate and maintain water and wastewater systems.
- Promote water and wastewater utility, accountability, and incentive systems.
- Support institutional strengthening for decentralized public services provision for regional water establishments and pertinent municipalities.
- Provide water and wastewater sector capacity building, training, public outreach and engagement.
- Plan, design, and construct management for new and rehabilitated water treatment and distribution, and wastewater collection and treatment.
- Coordinate water conservation technology and strategies for domestic, commercial, industrial, and agricultural sectors.
- Promote renewable energy and energy efficiency for water and wastewater utilities.
- Engage the private sector — including public private partnerships — in the water sector for cost efficiency and long-term sustainability of systems.
- Reform environmental and water policy.
- Integrate watershed management.
- Monitor and manage surface and ground water quality.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s Degree related to the solicited areas of specialization; an advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum 8 year’s of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical input or advisory services in Lebanon or in the Middle East region.
- Demonstrated ability to perform effectively in a team environment.
- Qualified local candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Professional proficiency in Arabic and English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter attached with WSC Technical Specialist in the subject line via email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, visit Chemonics.