Deadline: 19 October 2018
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Specialist for Climate Change in Istanbul, Turkey.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Technical Specialist for Climate Change is primarily responsible for providing high quality technical policy, programming, implementation support and oversight, and knowledge and capacity development services to Regional Technical Advisors and Specialists programming GCF resources located in various UNDP Regional Hubs and UNDP country offices.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technical Specialist for Climate Change will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Provide support to establishing and maintaining a strategic understanding of, and engagement with, the substantive technical issues, institutions, and processes, including establishing contact with and developing strategic partnerships with other agencies, donors, NGO’s, the private sector, scientific institutions and the like.
- Contribute to identification, development and implementation of new strategic programming opportunities and partnerships in the area of climate change adaptation, green, low-emission and climate resilient development, and resilient economic development and sustainable livelihood.
- Participate in global retreats, focal area retreats, regional strategic planning, pipeline management exercises, etc.
- Participate in cross-substantive area technical dialogue, common strategic visioning, mainstreaming, programming, and other collaboration within the regional team.
- Assist in keeping the Regional Team informed of trends and issues with respect to the substantive technical area.
- Assist the development of and advocacy for specific policy analysis and development tools and guidance in support of programming and finance for climate change adaptation and mitigation.
- Support the establishment of a trusted leadership role for UNDP-GEF within the region.
- Source of technical expertise and support including assisting with the preparation of TORs, identification and evaluation of experts and reviewing reports.
- Assist the provision of timely quality information and technical advice on source of funds policies, priorities and activities.
- Draft, revise, finalize and help editing concepts and project documents for submission to donors.
- Support the coordination of design, preparation, submission and approval of project proposals and requests for project development financing.
- Support the liaison with potential (co)financing agencies and institutions.
- Evaluate, capture, codify, synthesize lessons and stimulating the uptake of best practices and knowledge, including the development of resource kits and other knowledge materials
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Master’s degree in environmental economics, development economics, social sciences, international/environmental law, business administration with specialization in development and environment, or other closely related field.
- Minimum of 5 year’s experience working with developing countries on low carbon, climate resilient development issues.
- Demonstrated experience with conducting detailed reviews of project and programmes for/at various vertical funds.
- Previous experience at the national or international level providing management advisory services and hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and/or project implementation, preferably in environmental management, climate change or other closely-related field preferred.
- Demonstrated facilitation and coordination skills.
- Full computer literacy.
- Demonstrated working experience with UN agencies, or international organizations to develop projects in climate change or closely related areas.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, with exceptional writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Competency in other UN languages is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNDP.