Deadline: 22 August 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Specialist – Renewable Energy and Livelihood in Khartoum, Sudan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Technical Specialist – Renewable Energy and Livelihood will be responsible to support and advise on the implementation of renewable energy programs, with focus on the solar water pumping project.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technical Specialist – Renewable Energy and Livelihood will perform the following functions-
- Provide Strategic advice to the leadership of the MWRIE on the Renewable Energy with focus on solar for agriculture focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide Policies, Regulations and Tools for effective “solar for agriculture” mainstreaming in the programming and budgeting cycles of State Ministry of Agriculture Plan and National MWRIE budget plan.
- Provide the necessary support for State level relevant capacity development approaches and measures to scale up the solar for agriculture activities within and outside of the River Nile State.
- Engage with the government, development partners, civil societies and the private sector to mobilize resources in support of solar for agriculture activities.
- Provide support on overall management of the project activities focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide technical advice to the UNDP team members working on this project.
- Provide overall management and quality assurance of project inputs from the national and international consultants.
- Support in preparation of Inception Report, AWPs and timely submission on progress reports to UNDP, Donor, MWRIE and development partners.
- Provide Policy advisory on climate finance and technical support on solar pump procurement, installation, maintenance and water management activities focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide high quality policy advisory support to the Ministry of Finance, MWRIE and Ministry of Agriculture and other relevant institutions.
- Work closely with project manager on the Annual Plan and budgeting on Solar for Agriculture activities for River Nile State.
- Contribute to the development of a Revolving Fund Scheme for National and State Level PV fund and engagement with climate finance mechanisms (i.e. multilateral and bilateral funds, private sector funding facilities).
- Provide support/advice on Knowledge pieces formulation and replication to other states focusing on achievement of the following results:
- In coordination with project team, national and international consultants, technical specialist prepare and/or support knowledge pieces preparation on solar for agriculture activities.
- Prepare a communication strategy including visibility of the success stories and implement the strategy accordingly.
- Summarize and synthesize the results of the project and lessons learnt.
- Document best practices on solar pump design and budget, water management efficiency for different agroecological zonation.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in social policy, public policy, politics, economics, development studies or any related Field.
- 5 years of relevant working experience in project management and institutional capacity development, including at least 3 years of work experience on renewable energy, agriculture and climate change finance issues.
- Prior experience in providing policy advice for national or sub-national Government institutions and in mainstreaming renewable energy (i.e. solar for agriculture) issues in national policies and planning in developing countries.
- Experience developing and managing capacity development Programmes for Government institutions.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Excellent command of English both written and Oral.
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.