Deadline: 10 February 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Water Resources Management Specialist in Abuja, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Water Resources Management Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Strategies, Planning, and Policies:
- Assist in the process of formulation of country sector strategies in the water and sanitation sector.
- Participate in the reviews of different sector policies, legal and regulatory frameworks for the water and sanitation sector.
- Assist in the identification and preparation of projects.
- Prepare reports, summaries, briefs, and talking points on water-related projects and programs, business plans, and strategies.
- Projects implementation
- Participate in the design, preparation, and implementation of water activities in Nigeria which will include incorporating key cross-cutting issues such as gender and climate change.
- Participate and assist multidisciplinary supervision missions covering all phases of the project cycle.
- Identify implementation issues related to projects/programs in the sector.
- Work closely with client institutions to support effective implementation of WB supported programs.
- Encourage clients to use disruptive technology and ICT to speed up project implementation.
- Institutional and analytical work
- Support the design, preparation and implementation of sector strategies, studies, analytical work, policy work, and advisory activities.
- Stay informed on the status of the water sector and its institutions, as well as relevant donor, private sector and NGO initiatives.
- Participate in and eventually leading task teams for production of analytical studies and preparation and implementation support to investment and policy-oriented projects.
- Identify and support water sector linkages to the Bank’s country strategy and the work of other sectoral teams.
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Monitor and assess the implementation of sector portfolio.
- Ensure prompt preparation of quality and consistency related to sector portfolio management, including quality control.
- Prepare timely reports on project implementation and progress.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- At least Master’s Degree in water resources, hydrology, hydraulics, sanitation, environment, civil engineering, or a related discipline with a focus on water supply and sanitation.
- Recognized technical, operational, and/or policy-oriented expertise, and at least 7 year’s of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of water resources management (WRM) and water supply and sanitation services delivery (WSS), utility/institutional reform and public-private partnerships, sector coordination and policy dialogue, private sector participation and pro-poor strategy and program development.
- Prior work experience and results on the ground and hands-on experience with Government counterpart agencies.
- Ability to think innovatively and strategically in dealing with technical and/or policy issues while maintaining a strong client focus.
- Effective verbal, analytical and written communication skills in English and a demonstrated ability to produce high-quality documents and analytical reports.
- Sound knowledge of the water sector issues in Nigeria.
- Knowledge of cross-cutting issues related to the water sector: climate change, environmental and social issues, inclusion, and poverty reduction.
- High degree of dynamism and self-motivation, as well as the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Ability to use new information technologies.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.