Deadline: 18 June 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Cluster Coordinator in Mekelle, Ethiopia.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Education Cluster Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Support regional and country level leadership and facilitate coordination of humanitarian education actors in Tigray.
- Provide strategic guidance in the planning and implementation of the education cluster response and its technical components, in line with the Tigray/Ethiopian Humanitarian Response Plans and international humanitarian standards.
- Act as an interface between the humanitarian education partners and duty bearers to ensure education related needs of the affected population are properly covered Ensure prioritisation, evidence- based actions and gap filling to enhance an accountable, predictable and effective education response to the affected population.
- Maintain an appropriate humanitarian coordination mechanism and strengthen preexisting coordination systems to increase predictability and accountability.
- Build complementarity of partner actions, avoiding duplication and addressing gaps in education programming.
- Lead on the development and implementation of an overall strategy for the regional.
- Education Cluster, as well as area-specific response plans as necessary.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Master’s or higher) in a subject area relevant to the education cluster coordination’s needs education, primary education, teacher training or social sciences.
- University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Formal training in cluster coordination required.
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant professional experience with UN and/or NGO, including programme management and/or coordination in the first phase of a major emergency response relevant to the cluster.
- Minimum 5 year’s specific substantive and technical experience in inter-agency coordination, needs assessment, policy development, strategy formulation, programme planning and monitoring & evaluation in crisis and post-crisis settings.
- Extensive work experience outside the humanitarian sector which is relevant to this post may be considered as a replacement for humanitarian experience.
- Develop country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.