Deadline: 19 September 2021
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance and Administrative Assistant in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance and Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Analyse, evaluate and monitor a variety of complex financial documents, accounts to identify and investigate anomalies or wrongly posted transactions and to determine corrective action.
- Carry out all operations required for expenditures under development cooperation funding, ensuring the most rational use of the funds.
- Draft and clear administrative correspondence relative to budgetary matters to verify data, answer queries and obtain additional information.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates and budgetary forecasts.
- Prepare background information, periodic and ad hoc reports for use in programme and budget preparations.
- Participate in budget analysis and projections as required and provides information upon request.
- Act as a Certifying Officer for proposed obligations.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary school education supplemented by a training in an area related to accounting and/or finance, general administration and office support from a recognized commercial school or equivalent.
- 6 year’s progressively responsible administrative work, including in a supervisory role.
- Practical experience on standard office software packages, email and automated information management system required by the work unit (e.g. WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint).
- Experience of dealing with confidential matters with discretion.
- Knowledge of the relevant project and programme area and the Office’s operations would be ideal.
- Excellent knowledge and command of English and good knowledge of Amharic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.