Deadline: 26 September 2021
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance and Operations Director in Ethiopia.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance and Operations Director will perform the following functions-
- Direct, facilitate, train, provide finance and operations administrative guidelines
Conduct trainings for project staff on office and project policies, project management, and Living our Values business conduct.
- Ensure that GHSC-PSM Ethiopia project’s procurement systems and USAID approval, waiver, and other regulatory compliance processes are in place.
- Implement risk management functions such as routine file “spot check” reviews to ensure compliance by devoting approximately three days per month at each project office conducting file reviews.
- Serve as a Safety and Security Focal Point to Chemonics’ Headquarters, and for staff on the ground in Ethiopia.
Applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, project management, economic development, health, or related discipline required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 year’s international development experience, with 7 year’s experience managing large-scale, complex USAID contracts preferred ($5 – $10 million annual budget and 50+ staff) preferred.
- Knowledge of Ethiopia operating environment, including registration, taxes, and labor law, preferred.
- Demonstrate skill set in financial management and operations procedures and policies, procurement, subcontracting, client relations, compliance, and human resources.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness in problem solving and initiative to learn new skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.