Deadline: 30 September 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Associate in Gode, Ethiopia.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Associate will perform the following functions:
- Provide the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
- Support the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures, and assist in setup and implementation of proper accounting procedures, systems and internal controls.
- Monitor the daily cash position in order to optimize the use of surplus cash and maximize returns on investment through the liquidity portfolio.
- Monitor the centralised registry system in order to process all payments to internal staff and invoices to external suppliers in a timely manner and in accordance with WFP standards.
- Contribute to the preparation, implementation and monitoring of budgets, monitor expenditure and budget forecasts, to ensure that relevant future funding requirements are met.
- Co-ordinate with other teams in order to ensure that all financial and administrative services are being performed efficiently and in line with the needs of the wider team.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of University Degree related functional area.
- More than 5 year’s experience in financial resource management and/or complex project & program management.
- Experience working in complex multi-disciplinary groups and project teams to drive project outcomes and deliverables.
- Strong track record of delivering results in a complex environment.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.