Deadline: 10 February 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Specialist (Roster) in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Specialist (Roster) will perform the following functions:
- Ensure implementation of operational strategies and adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance with the provisions of the UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations, the Finance Manual and Finance and Budget Technical Instructions in all financial transactions, recording, reporting, etc.
- Elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in the OH, under the supervision of the Head of Support Services.
- Continuous analysis and monitoring of the financial situation in the OH, and provision of regular management reports for control purposes.
- Analysis and elaboration of proposals on cost-saving and reduction strategies (including introduction and development of e-banking).
- Ensure timely budget preparation and effective monitoring and control, focusing on achievement of the following results
- Support Head of Support Services (HoSS) with elaboration of proposals for planning of financial resources of the OH, preparation of reports containing analysis of the financial situation.
- Coordination of the preparation of the field operating budget.
- Review of budget submissions, regular analysis and reporting on the budget approvals and the delivery situation.
- Monitor expenditure against budget allotments and reporting on variances.
- Coordination with the HoSS and Head of Programme, ensure compliance with UNOPS financial rules and regulations, financial policies and procedures and that project budgets and revisions are prepared in accordance with established procedures and budgetary guidelines of the funding agency.
- Project budget re-phasing processed accurately and punctually.
- Identification of administrative budgetary requirements.
- Guidance on guidelines for budget preparation, the format to be used in reflecting budget proposals and the procedures for submission to facilitate consolidation at the global level.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in finance, business administration, public administration, economics or related field is required.
- First-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- 5 year’s of relevant experience for Master’s Degree and 7 year’s experience for Bachelors Degree at the national or international level in providing financial management services and/or managing staff and operational systems.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, as well as ERP systems, is required.
- Fluency in written and oral English and the language of the duty station required.
- Knowledge of second UN working language desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.