Deadline: 16 April 2021
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of Business Development Partnerships in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Head of Business Development Partnerships will perform the following functions:
- Strategic Leadership
- Design & implement a sound resource mobilization strategy that includes diversified sources of funding and influence new donors towards our purpose and ambition.
- Target new growth areas for Plan in Ethiopia, including prime positions on consortium bids, non-traditional donors and corporate partnerships.
- Ensure integration of key cross-cutting issues such as advocacy and influencing, child protection, and gender, in the design of Expressions of Interests, Concept Notes and/or Proposals as well as embedding Plan International’s commitment to gender transformative programming.
- National Office and Donor Engagement
- Lead on profiling and relationship management for the organization, in coordination with the Country Director, Programme and Humanitarian Directors.
- Build successful, proactive relationships which align donor’s priorities with program needs.
- Grants Management
- Ensure the preparation of FADs and SPADs as per the Plan Grant and Fund Management procedures and grants documentation (Agreements, proposals, work plans, MoU, approved budget templates among others)
- Ensure the signed FADs/SPADs along with grant document are handed over to the Programme and Grant Compliance team for implementation.
- Compliance & Cost Recovery
- Work closely with Operation Director and Head of Finance to implement policies and processes that ensure appropriate cost recovery, in line with global and national policy.
- Ensure that all categories of costs are considered at the conceptualization and submission stage of grant preparation.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in, International Relations, Development, similar or relevant to the position.
- 10 year’s relevant experience in INGO Sector or demonstrated equivalent combination.
- At least 6 year’s experience in managing grants/resource mobilization in the country with in the INOG sector.
- Proven experiences and ability to coordinate and collaborate with different donors.
- Experience in leading team, coaching and mentoring.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and in context, funding and market analysis.
- Demonstrate experience bidding for, and winning, contracts with several of the following the various branches of the EU, USAID, GAC, the UN, the World Bank, other major bilateral and multilateral donors.
- Knowledge of developmental agendas in complex and protracted development and humanitarian landscape.
- Knowledge of Ethiopian geopolitical, countries laws, political, social and economic factors affecting development and humanitarian sectors.
- Exceptional conceptual, strong negotiation, influencing and problem solving skills with ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- Comfortable with taking timely decisions in situations where information may be incomplete, based on consultation and the ability to convey sound judgement and assurance to team members and other key internal stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues through remote means and in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to interpret financial data, in order to provide management support to budgetary processes including planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Ability to communicate effectively and authoritatively on area of expertise, and influence others to reach common goals.
- Demonstrate track record of proposal writing and budget management.
- Strong knowledge of the requirements of donors’ compliance and grants management.
- Ability to influence without power.
- Knowledge of accounting/Financial Management and/or having financial background.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including exceptional presentation and communication skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.