Deadline: 22 November 2021
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Healthy Village WASH Officer in Shebel Berenta, Ethiopia.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Healthy Village WASH Officer will perform the following functions:
- Facilitate the implementation of Annual plan within the planned time, quality and scope.
- Ensure the technical soundness, appropriateness, and general quality in all aspects of the project cycle
- Manage and ensure that project activities are implemented according to the project proposal & project implementation plan.
- Prepare and summit physical, financial and narrative report to the APA Healthy Village Project Office.
- Contribute to the development of WASH concept notes and proposals for additional funding opportunities.
- Facilitate capacity building activities for stakeholders to support project implementation.
Applicants must have:
- MSc/BSC Degree in Water Supply & Environmental Engineering, Water Resource Engineering, Hydraulic/Irrigation/Agricultural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Public Health Engineering, or related disciplines.
- 3 year’s work experience for Master’s Degree and 7 year’s experience for Bachelor’s with considerable experience in managing multidimensional projects on integrated WASH, Health & Nutrition.
- NGO experience in similar positions is advantageous.
- Experience in establishing VESA/VSLA, training them and skill back up to them by continuous follow up & support with special focus on Sanitation & nutrition marketing.
- Excellent report writing skill, produce periodic project performance reports according to the requirements of the donor and government WASH line bureaus Monthly, quarterly, annual, interim and final reports.
- Ability to deliver quality programs in a short term and work under stressful conditions.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills in English and Amharic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.