Deadline: 28 October 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Senior Economist in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Senior Economist will perform the following functions-
- Prepare an abridged version of the Investment Plan (with a focus on lead commodities selected for Bulbula and Yirgalem IAIPs) to make the document easier to read and more useful for policy makers.
- Assist the MoA to set up, at regional and federal level, coordination structures in charge of tracking and provision of guidance on how to reach the targets set in the ACPZs Investment plans to increase the commercial surplus.
- Assess the effectiveness of the planning, coordination, M&E process and mechanisms of the investment plans and propose solutions for their enhancement.
- Collaborate with existing initiative undertaken by UNIDO on the M&E system; Explore options for institutional arrangements to be developed at regional level.
- Collaboration with the HiH team members, assist MOA to initiate the process for establishment of a dedicated unit for ACPZ coordination and M&E.
- Propose required technical assistance to implement agreed recommendations such as support to regional structures.
- Collaborate with UNIDO to elaborate a communication strategy for ACPZs interventions.
- Collaborate with UNIDO to elaborate a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) for IAIPS programs.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in economics or any rural development based sciences or closely related field.
- 10 year’s relevant experience in value chain development programme, Agro commodities procurement zones development, contacts and knowledge of stakeholders and institutions in IAIP and related works.
- Working knowledge of English and good knowledge of the local language(s) used at the duty station is required.
- Nationality of Ethiopia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.