Deadline: 18 June 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition Cluster Coordinator in Mekelle, Ethiopia.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Nutrition Cluster Coordinator will perform th efollowing functions:
- Support service delivery
- Explore and identify appropriate new partners to engage in nutrition in emergencies (NiE) in Tigray and facilitate the active engagement of these agencies in the cluster at Regional and/or at sub Regional level, focusing on partners with capacity to conduct rapid assessments, nutrition surveys, analysis, etc.
- Regular liaise with the Sub-regional Cluster Focal Points (if applicable) to identify progress, gaps, bottlenecks and challenges in implementation of nutrition.
- Inform strategic decision-making of the HC/HCT for the humanitarian response
- Coordinate and support cluster partners in inter-cluster initial rapid needs assessments (IRNA), multi-cluster initial rapid assessments (MIRA), humanitarian needs overview (HNO), IPC analysis, etc, by identifying the appropriate partner for the assessments/surveys, ensuring that all partners using agreed cluster tools and provide relevant inputs (survey plans, tools, identification of needs, gaps, etc) to the Regional Nutrition Cluster Coordination team.
- Planning and implementing strategy
- Coordinate and provide relevant inputs to the development and revision of the Flash Appeal/Humanitarian Response Plans.
- Monitoring and evaluation of performance
- Guide the work of the Information Management Officer to maintain a functional Nutrition Cluster Information Management system which includes Monthly and Weekly Partner Reporting, Nutrition Partner database and 4W Matrixes, Capacity Mapping database.
- Build Regional capacity in preparedness and contingency planning
- Coordinate partners’ capacity development for implementation of nutrition in emergencies interventions by regularly conducting the capacity gap analysis.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Master’s or higher) in one of the following fields is required Nutrition, public health, nutritional epidemiology, global/international health and nutrition, health/nutrition research, policy and/or management, health sciences, or another health-related science field.
- Minimum 8 year’s relevant professional experience in nutrition, public health, nutrition planning and management, or maternal, infant and child health/nutrition care is required.
- Relevant experience in health/nutrition programme/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is considered an asset.
- Experience of working in UN humanitarian system coordination is strongly desirable.
- Experience in effective management of human resources/teams in high stress/risk environments is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.