Deadline: 1 August 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement and Logistics Officer in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement and Logistics Officer will perform the following functions:
- Timely and duly prepare procurement plans for the office and projects and monitoring of their implementation.
- Prepare tender documents such as RFQ, ITB or RFP and other instruments related to market research or market survey such as RFI and EOI.
- Preparation of quotations in the UNWEBBUY website.
- Preparation of Pro-forma invoice and contract documents prior to submission for signature to the relevant Procurement Authority.
- Receipt of bid documents, review of the same, contracts and/or purchase orders as well as results of evaluation of bids/proposals and other formal/public documents.
- Preparation of LCPC/HQCPC case submissions as well as all subsequent response to queries.
- Ensure full compliance to the Financial Regulations and Rules of UNOPS and its Procurement Manual.
- Prepare weekly requisition status reports providing the most updated information about the status of each requisition.
- Perform such other duties and responsibilities germane or analogous to the functions of a Procurement Officer.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, Management and Business/Public Administration or related field.
- University Degree in combination with required qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university Degree.
- CIPS and/or other Procurement Practitioner Certification would be considered a significant asset
- Minimum 2 year’s relevant experience for Master’s Degree or 4 year’s relevant experience for first-level university Degree at the national or international level in procurement management.
- Experience in procuring requirements of significant complexity and value (experience in procuring infrastructure works would be an advantage).
- UN experience and working knowledge of the ERP system is an advantage.
- Experience in procuring high-value requirements(experience in establishing long-term supply contracts would be an advantage).
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Knowledge of other UN working language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.