Deadline: 3 November 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Officer t will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical support to the Country Office
- Provide strategic and technical support for the mainstreaming gender equality and women’s empowerment across WFP operations in the country.
- Analyse primary information from stakeholders (affected populations, INGOs, UN agencies and others) on the situation and experience of crisis affected populations and apply Gender lens in the interventions.
- Monitoring and Reporting on Gender issues
- Ensure systematic gender analysis, provide policy advice on specific gender issues that impact on WFP humanitarian operations.
- Monitor and report on programme activity and implementation of gender issues.
- Networking and Coordination
- Establish working relationships with relevant local and regional non-state actors, key domestic political and civil state actors, think tanks, academic institutions, human rights organizations, UN, development and donor partners to coordinate and enhance principled humanitarian protection and gender impact.
- Training and capacity growth
- Develop and implement gender training including gender analysis, Gender Based Violence, Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
- Strengthen WFP workforce and partners’ gender analysis capacities and improve their ability gender mainstreaming in throughout project cycle.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following disciplines Social Sciences, International Development, Gender Studies, Political Science, Law or related field must have specialization in Gender-related fields.
- 5 year’s and more of professional experience focusing specifically on Gender in humanitarian contexts.
- Fluency in the English language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.