Deadline: 18 June 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Cluster Coordinator in Mekelle, Ethiopia.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The WASH Cluster Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Coordination mechanism established and functional.
- Need assessment, analysis and alert of new crisis.
- Monitoring and reporting.
- Networking and partnership building.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Master’s or higher) relevant to public health, social sciences, behaviour change communication, sanitary engineering, Utility Engineering, Environment or Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, or another relevant technical field.
- University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 8 year’s relevant professional experience with a UN and/or NGO, including inter-agency coordination of WASH-related programmes for developing countries with UN and/or NGO, including programme management and/or coordination in the first phase of a major emergency response relevant to the cluster is required.
- Formal training and experience in cluster coordination is required.
- Develop country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.