Deadline: 4 September 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Officer in Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 4 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Plan and carry out needs assessments, baseline studies and periodic studies, and feedback findings to the stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
- Degree or Postgraduate in environmental health/ public health nursing or similar relevant discipline.
- 4 year’s of experience of working as a WaSH-PHP Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience in implementation of software components of WaSH activities.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Experience with other computer programs such as SPSS, SAP 2000 and Microsoft Project would be an advantage.
- Expert in WaSH programming and integration with nutrition and health sectors.
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to use MS Office software (especially Word and Excel) is essential.
- Fluency in English and Amharic, both written and verbal.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Knowledge of local language is advantageous.
- Nationality of Ethiopia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.