Deadline: 22 April 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Specialist in Gambella, Ethiopia.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The WASH Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Programme development and planning
- Draft the WASH inputs for the situation analysis.
- Provide timely, comprehensive and current data to inform WASH policy and programme development, planning, management and implementation.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Support agencies, strengthen national government WASH sector monitoring systems, with a focus on WASH outcomes (behaviors), using bottleneck analysis tools available in the sector (WASH-BAT, CSOs, SDAs).
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sectoral reviews with government and other counterparts and prepare reports on results for required action/interventions at the higher level of programme management.
- Technical and operational support for programme implementation
- Support activities through field visits, surveys and exchange of information with partners, to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential problems and take timely decisions to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for timely interventions.
- Provide technical and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and other country office partners/donors on the application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices in WASH, to support programme implementation.
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response
- Prepare requisitions for supplies, services, long-term agreements and partnership agreements to ensure UNICEF is prepared to deliver on its commitments for WASH in case of an emergency.
- Contribute to the coordination arrangement for humanitarian WASH, for instant robust coordination in case of an emergency.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and documentation of WASH action research and innovation (technical or systems).
- Prepare learning/knowledge products, covering innovative approaches and good practices, to support overall WASH sector development.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree (Master’s or higher) in public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, sanitary engineering or another relevant technical field and combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum of [insert years] of relevant professional experience in WASH-related programmes.
- Develop country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
more information, visit UNICEF.