Deadline: 29 January 2021
SNV is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Youth Inclusion Specialist in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Youth Inclusion Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Advisory Services
- Ensure youth inclusion and skills matching in PPPs and participation in Agribusiness Clusters.
- Support to the country portfolio orientation on Youth Inclusion and support to Partnership Facilitators (PFs).
- Provide required support to Business Champion & stakeholder PPP.
- Provide technical support to Business Service Suppliers and Agribusiness Cluster Coaches for youth Inclusion.
- Youth Inclusion thematic knowledge development, reporting and communication.
- Knowledge Development
- Document lessons learned, good practices on youth and Business Champion engagement/linkages.
- Document case studies on concrete youth inclusion examples in 2SCALE Partnerships (PPPs) where more young people (male and female) are excelling.
- Formulate youth inclusion annual learning agenda and make recommendations for improvements as the program evolves.
- Development and disseminate relevant documentation on effective contributions to youth employment to local stakeholders including national governments that influence positive spinoffs to an enabling environment for youth led enterprises, in line with 2SCALE broader knowledge and learning agenda.
- Write and submit timely activity reports, as well as other Youth Inclusion Thematic technical reports, notes.
- Ensure coordination of M&E of youth inclusion activities in the assigned countries and contribute inputs in partnership development.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in development studies, business studies, economics studies, agricultural sciences, agribusiness, or agricultural economics.
- 5 year’s working in private sector development and engagement, youth savings, financial services and lending schemes will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Agro-processing and Gender mainstreaming.
- Understanding of the cultural barriers affecting young women efficacy and agency in developing countries.
- Knowledge and know how of implementing employ ability and entrepreneurship programs with actors and stakeholders such as TVETs and other national government agencies.
- Strong communication (written and oral), presentation and report writing skills.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply by submitting a brief letter of motivation (1 page) and your CV (not more than 3 pages) through online process.
For more information, visit SNV.