Deadline: 28 May 2021
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Census and Survey Specialist in Suva, Fiji.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Census and Survey Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Technical Support
- Prepare calendars of activities in collaboration with the National Statistical Offices, UNFPA and other relevant national and regional stakeholders.
- Provide technical and programmatic support and guidance which is tailored to the particular country’s needs and state of preparedness.
- Capacity Development
- Support the development of a sub-regional capacity development strategy which will maximize the use of limited resources while contributing to comparability of methodology and results across the PICTs, and assist with coordinating relevant technical support from UNFPA, development partners and other UN agencies.
- Country level, identify technical assistance and capacity strengthening needs of the National Statistical Offices and their stakeholders, and assist in coordinating relevant technical support from UNFPA, development partners and other agencies.
- Advocacy and Communication:
- Strengthen relationships with key internal and external partners, and contribute to high quality interactions and clear communications with regional donors, partners and stakeholders.
- Draft briefing notes, statements, talking points, and correspondence, and prepare background papers and presentation content with regards to the UNFPA Sub- Regional Program work on data availability and utilization.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Statistics, Demography, Population and Development, Social Sciences, Economics, Geography, or related discipline, with specialization in demographic studies being desirable.
- At least 7 year’s increasingly responsible professional experience in the field of population data collection and utilization, with a focus on population and housing census and DHS.
- Extensive experience in project formulation and management, and reporting.
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization is desirable.
- Excellent oral and written skills with accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural and social sensitivity.
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment and to work with minimum supervision with tight deadlines.
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.), familiarity with database management, ARCGIS or Q-GIS, CSPRO or SURVEY SOLUTIONS and statistical analysis packages such as SPSS, Stata or R.
- Familiar with the Pacific context is an asset.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English.
- Working knowledge of Pacific languages is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.