Deadline: 1 July 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication Specialist in Fiji.
The Communication Specialist will be responsible for the execution, monitoring, refinement and evaluation of UNICEF Pacific’s 2013-2017 Communication and Public Advocacy Strategy to put the rights and well-being of the Pacific’s most disadvantaged children at the heart of social, political and economic agendas, in line with UNICEF’s equity focus.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Implement UNICEF Pacific’s 2013-2017 Communication and Public Advocacy Strategy to get children’s issues into the public domain and strengthen political will in support of UNICEF’s mission and objectives.
- Close collaboration with, and engagement of, mass media, utilizing online and traditional media as appropriate to generate and maintain public interest in children’s issues (including in emergency settings) and tell the story of UNICEF’s cooperation to a wider audience.
- Oversee and provide technical guidance on the implementation of UNICEF’s Communication for Development (C4D) support to Programmes.
- Adapt and disseminate advocacy materials from NY, Geneva and the Regional Office to identified target audiences, arranging translation into local language(s) as necessary.
- Assist HQ and the Regional Office in identifying and obtaining feature stories and other material to facilitate global/regional advocacy and fundraising activities, particularly in support of National Committee efforts to mobilize resources.
- Support UNICEF Pacific to prepare for, and respond to, humanitarian emergencies, including rapid deployment of Communications resources to emergency-affected countries and communities.
- Support UNICEF Pacific to manage a period of significant internal change (including the development of a new Multi-Country Programme), with due respect to the importance of internal communication and change management principles.
- Identify, recruit and supervise technical resources and consultants as necessary for the above activities.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations.
- Experience in the communication area combined with university degree in a related field.
- 8 years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in communication, print and broadcast media or interactive digital media, 4 years of which should be in low income countries and at least 2 with financial and human resource management responsibilities.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of one or more local working language of the duty station an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.