Deadline: 23 May 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications and Media Specialist in Suva, Fiji. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Communications and Media Specialist will supervises and leads the MCO communications activities, in particular supporting programme staff when it comes to raising the profile of activities and the understanding of the issues they cover.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications and Media Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Planning and design of internal and external strategies for communications and outreach.
- Elaboration and implementation of the publications strategy and plan.
- Supervision of the design and maintenance of the UN Women web site, intranet, MCO web-based knowledge management system.
- Support to business development.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Planning and elaboration of communications needs assessments for MCO, in particular for MCO programmes and projects across the region, including close cooperation with, and support for, programme-specific communications staff members.
- Support the management and maintenance of the UN Women Pacific social media presence and other online channels, including identifying and posting material where required, in coordination with Communications Adviser.
- Creation and promotion of campaigns to local and regional media that position UN Women and influences the development agenda based on current programmes and new initiatives.
Applicants must have-
- Masters’ Degree in media relations, journalism, publishing or related field.
- Bachelors’ Degree in media relations, journalism, publishing or related field.
- Masters’ Degree or Higher + years of experience requirement: Minimum 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in public relations, communications or advocacy.
- Bachelors’ Degree + years of experience requirement: Minimum 7 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in public relations, communications or advocacy.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (including InDesign and Photoshop), good knowledge and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
- English language is required.
- Nationality of Fiji.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN WOMEN.