Deadline: 31 December 2020
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Coordinator in Suva, Fiji. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate with UNRCO, UNESCO, UNDP and IFAD, for the project’s timely implementation, monitoring and evaluation through management functions, including provision of technical and administrative supervision to the project team, in line with the ILO’s policies, rules and regulations and according to the final project document and work plan.
- Contribute to joint agency proposals for project development and draft portions of programme and budget proposals, project proposals, programme background, country strategy papers, objectives, project reviews and evaluation.
- Monitor progress of the project, including ILO and UNESCO, UNDP and IFAD project activities by reviewing, verifying and analysing work-plans, progress reports, final reports and other data for clarity, consistency and completeness.
- Identify problems, consult the implementing agencies, propose solutions and actions and follow up with relevant departments at headquarters and regional office, executing UN agencies and UNRCO, government offices, constituents and other partners to expedite implementation and meet targets.
- Facilitate access to COVID-19 recovery technical and policy advice to the ILO tripartite constituents, UNRCO, UNESCO, UNDP, IFAD and stakeholders on issues related to sustainable enterprises, decent work/employment, organising and social security.
- Organize training programmes and awareness raising activities to improve understanding on COVID-19 recovery specifically on sustainable enterprises, decent work/employment, organising and social security.
- Ensure the delivery of quality technical inputs, including qualitative and quantitative research in line with ILO core conventions on fundamental rights at work.
- Support close cooperation and coordination with constituents and UN implementing partners in the planning and implementation of activities under the project.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in economics, social sciences, or related field and strong knowledge on development issues in Fiji.
- 5 year’s of relevant professional experience in project management, supervision, administration and implementation of grant/cooperative agreement requirements (including meeting deadlines, achieving targets, and overseeing the preparation and submission of required reports to the project donor).
- Experience in managing projects with ILO constituents would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of labour economics as well as economic development, Climate Change, Natural Disasters, youth employment and social policies.
- Knowledge of the policy making process.
- Familiarity with the ILO Guidelines for Sustainable Enterprises would be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of the working language of the duty station (Fiji).
- Excellent knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.