Deadline: 5 February 2021
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Adviser, Gender in Suva, Fiji.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technical Adviser, Gender will perform the following functions-
- Strategic technical and programme management, including environmental scanning.
- Policy support and dialogue.
- Evidence and Knowledge management.
- Advocacy and technical representation, including partnership building.
- Quality control for technical support and capacity development.
- Resource Mobilization.
Applicants must have:
- Degree (Masters,or preferably Ph.D.) in public health, medicine, sociology, demography, gender, economics, international relations, international development, or other field directly related to Gender is required.
- Post-Graduate University Degree or equivalent (preferably Ph. D.) in social anthropology, law and women’s rights, sociology, gender, cultural studies, or other field directly related to the substantive area identified in the title of the post is strongly desired.
- 10 year’s of increasingly responsible professional experience in the substantive area, of which seven years at the international level.
- Field experience is strongly desirable.
- Demonstrated expertise in the substantive area of work and broad experience in gender programming is essential.
- Strong track record of technical leadership, and proven ability to produce demonstrable results.
- Ability to network within the academic and development community.
- Experience of Human Rights dimensions of Gender, advising and supporting initiatives to eliminate Gender Based Violence, Gender budgeting understanding and culturally sensitive programming.
- Knowledge and experience of working on legal issues and Civil Society involvement in related security & protection.
- Knowledge and experience of working in areas related to harmful traditional practices.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English Language.
- Proficiency in English Language is required.
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.