Deadline: 13 October 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administration and Finance Officer in Lyons, France. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administration and Finance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Effective leadership, management and oversight of the Budget and Finance Office to ensure efficiency of services according to applicable rules and regulations.
- Foster a service-oriented approach among the team, encouraging initiative towards new modalities to reach management targets.
- Identify and monitor performance targets.
Lead and manage the preparation of IARC’s biennial programme and budget.
- Prepare budget scenarios and draft the Agency’s programme budget for review by DAF and approval by the Director.
- Facilitate the financing dialogues with Participating States.
- Manage budget allocations and monitor the implementation of the financial side of the Agency’s programme budget.
- Prepare the Agency’s Financial Report, including IPSAS compliant Financial Statements and Notes to the Financial Statements.
- Provide periodic financial status reports and forward projections of financial position to the Director to permit timely decisions on programme and management activities. Provide strategic advice on funding options.
- Provide management review and advice, as required, on budget and finance policy matters and processes in the Agency, and provision of implementation support.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in public or business administration, economics, law, accountancy, or a related subject with specialization in budget and finance from a WHED accredited /recognized institution.
- Professional qualification in accountancy and/or audit.
- At least 10 year’s progressively responsible experience in resource planning, budget formulation and presentation, financial monitoring, analysis and interpretation of results, or related areas in a complex organization of which at least 5 year’s experience at the international level in the public or private sector including IPSAS accounting experience.
- Experience in application of result-based budgeting and/or management methodologies.
- Through knowledge of WHO or UN structure, programmes, policies and procedures.
- Ability to stimulate active participation and initiative among the staff under supervision accessible for discussion of and positive approach to problem solving.
- UN experience particularly in administration and finance.
- Excellent knowledge of English is essential and a working knowledge of French desirable.
- Knowledge of other WHO Official languages would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.