Deadline: 12 May 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Assistant to Team in Lyons, France. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Assistant to Team will perform the following functions:
- Receive visitors and answer telephone calls with tact and discretion, and act according to the nature and urgency of each, including redirecting as appropriate.
- Provide background information for appointments with official visitors and/or staff members.
- Draft general or administrative correspondence on own initiative or on the basis of instruction finalize correspondence/reports for signature/clearance.
- Verify outgoing correspondence is presented in accordance with WHO and Academy style, and check language, grammar and accuracy prior to submitting for signature and clearance.
- Human Resources
- Ensure the timely appointment/renewal of contracts, initiating requests for temporary and fixed-term staff in the HR Action Plan.
- Initiate, through Oracle/GSM procurement module, contracts for consultants, Agreements for Performance of Work (APW), and other contract modalities.
- Monitor and record receipt of deliverables and initiate and monitor payments as needed.
- Budget & Finance
- Assist in the monitoring and progress review of projects and tasks in the GSM/Oracle work plan.
- Provide team members with timely information on project and task budget ceilings, award budgets, expenditure, and funds available, as required.
- Information Management
- Collaboration with other support staff, create and/or maintain filing systems; continual review of filing system to ensure information is up to date and effectively and efficiently used.
- Obtain documents and information from in-house and external sources as required perform information searches (library, internet) as requested.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in secretarial or administrative positions.
- Relevant experience in WHO or another UN agency an asset.
- Experience in Oracle-based or other ERP systems an asset.
- Strong skills to work independently, organization and office, as well as skills in note taking and minute writing.
- Sound knowledge and skills using a variety of office and computer packages.
- Knowledge of WHO and/or UN administrative rules and regulations, procedures and practices.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Ability to exercise discretion at all times in judging the importance, urgency and confidential nature various issues and tact when dealing with staff and external partners.
- Expert knowledge of English and intermediate in French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.