Deadline: 26 October 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Specialist on Forced Displacement in Marseille, France.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Management Specialist on Forced Displacement will perform the following functions:
- Technical and substantive thematic program support
- Provide substantive operational support to the programmes and activities in relation to Host Municipalities Learning network (HMLN) / Refugees and Host Communities Programme.
- Contribute fundamentally in developing concept notes, briefs, activity plans and timelines, background papers, for the thematic activities, including for reports, events, and conferences.
- Operational support on the Host Municipalities Learning network (HMLN) / Refugees and Host Communities Program
- Substantively and technically support the formulation and implementation of the CMI’s related theme strategy.
- Contribute to the design and execution of the CMI’s programmes.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in international relations, economics, development, social sciences or related discipline is required.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional experience in a similar role is required.
- Experience in the field of development and forced displacement is desirable.
- Experience in managing a large community of practice composed by local authorities is required.
- Experience in working on projects in fragile contexts is required.
- Must be competent in the use of Windows MS office programmes (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) required.
- Knowledge of Google Workspace is desirable.
- Knowledge on refugee agenda challenges and opportunities in the MENA region
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required, working knowledge of French is also required and Arabic is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.