Deadline: 26 October 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Specialist Water Programme in Marseille, France.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Management Specialist Water Programme will perform the following functions:
- Project management of the water programme
- Implement programme plans and tasks as assigned.
- Monitor and follow up on required actions in line with deadlines and reporting, to contribute to the effective implementation of the project steps.
- Capacity building and collaboration
- Coordinate with water stakeholders in North Africa and when appropriate Egypt and Jordan to build greater capacity to improve awareness, understanding and targeting of policies and programmes to address water scarcity and drought management challenges.
- Delivering the agreed water security nexus study results framework including inter alia
- Contribute to finishing the Water security nexus study final report and its annexes, which will help understand the interrelation between water security, climate change (drought) and migration in the region (deadline December 2021).
- Support implementation of the MedYWAT full cycle
- MedYWat (Mediterranean Youth for Water) is a network of young water professionals from across the Mediterranean, supported by the CMI and encompasses young Mediterranean water researchers, entrepreneurs, and activists working on solving the water challenges in the region.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree is required with a specialization in the field of urban and regional development, water management, climate change, disaster risk management or sustainable development.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional experience in the field of urban and regional development, and/or water management, climate change, and disaster risk management.
- Ability to work as a team member and to prioritize workload.
- Ability to respond to project-related assignments.
- Good knowledge of the Mediterranean region and the issues related to climate change, sustainable development, resilience and water management is desirable.
- Good knowledge of the climate change and water community in the Mediterranean region is desirable.
- Working experience in one or more southern and eastern Mediterranean countries is a plus.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills are required.
- Fluency in English and French are required.
- Knowledge of Arabic is a plus.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.