Deadline: 26 October 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Specialist in Marseille, France.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Lead the CMI’s three active programmes the “Mediterranean Forum on Energy and Climate Change”, the “Regional knowledge programme on water” and the “Territorial Resilience to Climate Change” programme.
- Lead analytical work and knowledge production to promote energy transition, support adaptation and mitigation to climate change and promote an SDG-agenda in the Mediterranean.
- Maintain an open dialogue and conduct consultations with all D2R stakeholders, including the 16 project leaders of D2R, IFIs and the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs (initiator of the D2R initiative), responding to their need for a continued dynamic of exchange and collaboration among them.
- Communicate and overlook the scientific/technical contributions of consortium members to project proposals.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, such as international economics, international relations, environmental or political science is required.
- Minimum 7 year’s progressively responsible experience in areas of EU-Mediterranean cooperation and development, including economic research and analysis, policy formulation and project management is required.
- Extent and relevance of experience in liaison and coordination with multiple stakeholders is required.
- Experience as a contributor to reports/publications and events relevant to EU-Mediterranean cooperation and development (lead contributor a plus) is required.
- Excellent understanding of the EU-Mediterranean context, actors, and of relevant disciplines that impact EU-Mediterranean cooperation and development, including economics, climate change and trade integration is required.
- Outreach, communication and public presentation in Mediterranean / international fora experience would be an asset.
- Fluency in English and French is required and Arabic is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.