Deadline: 9 July 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Team Lead in Lyons, France. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Team Lead will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical leadership and managerial support within the Department, in the area of learning design ensuring that activities in this area are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Manage the programme area in delivering its objectives through efficiently managing a team of technical staff, contractors, financial resources and agile work planning to optimize the programme’s deliverables in line with the mandate of the Academy.
- Lead and conduct research on best practices in learning design and steers capacity building in the respective area of work.
- Manage the monitoring and evaluation and reporting of the subject area of work of key performance indicators and reporting requirements and mechanisms to optimize performance of Academy deliverables.
- Serve as the technical reference among the peer community, UN Agencies and other stakeholders at the technical levels in the respective area of expertise.
- Liaise with and utilizes partnerships with key stakeholders including educational and learning institutions, other UN Agencies, Donor, or research institutions in learning design to position the technical area of work.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Master’s level or above) in education, adult learning, learning technologies or another field related to the functions of the position.
- PhD in one of the above-mentioned fields and Certification in agile project or product management (Prince 2, Scrum Product Owner, Scrum Master or equivalent).
- Minimum 10 year’s professional experience in the management of digital and blended adult learning design and learning programs.
- Minimum 5 year’s progressive experience working with cutting-edge learning technologies and innovations.
- Minimum 2 year’s using agile and LEAN approaches with demonstrated experience of successful delivery of complex cross-functional or interdependent systems implementation.
- Demonstrate experience managing human and financial resources.
- Experience working in learning design applied in a health-related field.
- Experience in leading transformation initiatives in digital learning and competency-based learning approaches.
- Excellent skills and ability in managing diverse teams and financial resources.
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively and diplomatically with internal stakeholders and external partners including education and learning institutions, Academia, Ministries of Health, Donor institutions, Civil Society, and other stakeholders.
- Expert knowledge of English and French.
- Intermediate knowledge of one of the other official WHO languages (Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.