Deadline: 3 October 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Fund Raising Manager (Content and Engagement) in Geneva, Switzerland.
The Fund Raising Manager will be responsible for ensuring that UNICEF National Committees and Country Offices have a sufficient number of quality core assets (images, stories, videos and more) to enable them to achieve their fundraising goals.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Fund Raising Manager will perform the following functions:
- Lead on the development of content and engagement strategy
- Provide content leadership in UNICEF’s Supporter Engagement Strategy and lead the development of compelling and distinctive supporter-focused content for UNICEF. Ensure that this strategy is consistent with, and supportive of, the marketing strategy. This to cover online and offline, above the line and below the line activity.
- Work with the Private Sector Fundraising unit, regional teams (Relationship teams, Regional Support Centers) and country teams (National Committees and country offices) to develop strategies, implement work plans and optimize private sector donor engagement in lead income streams.
- Provide cutting edge supporter engagement content
- Ensure the consistent supply of quality materials to UNICEF’s central fundraising hub for use in all online and offline media in alignment with UNICEF’s standards for ethical communication as well as brand standards.
- Produce and procure content for use in all media, with a special focus on the needs in digital media.
- Focus on new acquisition channels, the use of new technologies and upstream fundraising.
- Manage the Engagement Team
- Oversee all aspects of acquisition and retention content management and work plans, including the work of external consultants, marketing/fundraising agencies and editing companies. Overall Responsible for quality assurance and consistency of fundraising content.
- Lead the team in providing effective fundraising content, stories and images to National Committees and country offices, corporate partners and major donors, to build the loyalty and satisfaction of UNICEF donors.
- Identify opportunities to advance and increase donor engagement initiatives
- Work within the calendar of communications to identify opportunities and drive the creation of donor acquisition and retention content to focal points in UNICEF National Committees and country offices.
- Promote and create an enabling environment for the dynamic sharing of all engagement related best practice from the UNICEF network, including regularly presenting at skill shares, the UNICEF Private Sector Forum and in Webinars.
- Secure and edits content in Emergency situations
- Work closely and swiftly in emergency situations with the PFP Emergency Team as well as other relevant internal stakeholders, National committees and Country offices to produce (directly, via agencies or partners), edit and bring to market fundraising relevant content in all channels within a very limited time frame.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in Marketing, Communications, the Humanities, Fundraising, Business Administrations, Social Sciences, International Relations or the equivalent.
- First level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced degree.
- Minimum 8 years of professional work experience in creating actionable donor, supporter or customer content in a fast-paced charity or commercial environment. Demonstrated experience managing and motivating a team.
- Hands-on technical expertise in a multi-channel campaign environment that includes e-appeals, direct mail, DRTV, videos, human interest stories, online and social media.
- Professional work experience in creating engaging content for fundraising or marketing in a charity environment, commercial sector or advertising agency.
- Proficiency in English.
- Working knowledge of languages spoken in countries where UNICEF has National Committees, would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.