Deadline: 30 April 2016
Mobility Foundation is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Funds Development Officer in Tamale, Ghana.
The Funds Development Officer will be responsible to ensure that Mobility Foundation has financial resources to implement programmes and projects in the communities to eradicate poverty and the causes of poverty in order to ensure an equitable distribution of wealth and the realization of their wellbeing.
The mission of Mobility Foundation is to provide and equipped vulnerable people with the needed skills, knowledge and facilities to enable them break through various cycles of poverty to improve their living standard.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Funds Development Officer will perform the following functions-
- Developing fundraising strategies:
- Take forward and develop an organization-wide fundraising strategy and work plans including tactics for raising unrestricted income.
- Advise and assist the Executive Director and all Programme Directors in devising and implementing fundraising strategies for their programmes and specific projects and review their implementation on a regular basis.
- Contribute to the organization annual planning processes having ownership of the fundraising part of the overall process.
- Raising income and coordinating fundraising and reporting:
- Assist all teams in planning, writing and editing funding proposals to comply with the organization fundraising guidelines and standards, paying particular attention to our accountabilities and ensuring that applications meet donor guidelines.
- Develop and improve the effectiveness of the organization-wide oversight, monitoring and coordination of fundraising and reporting.
- Ensure that accurate and up-to-date information is maintained on all submissions, grant-funded projects and donors in relevant databases and filing systems.
- Help improve programme team’s fundraising skills, capacities and systems.
- Work with Executive Director to ensure that funding proposals comply with the organization developing best practice in monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Coordinate cross-programme funding and reporting arrangements, acting as the lead person setting plans and organizing meetings.
- Ensure that donor reports meet requirements and contracts and that they are of a high standard and submitted on time.
- Managing strong strategic relations with Donors (25%):
- Develop and deepen existing donor relationships, ensuring that the organization maintains effective communications and good relations with donor partners, ensuring they are updated on work and achievements.
- Keep the organization up-to-date on changing donor priorities and ensure that new funding opportunities are identified and develop.
- Work closely with Executive Management Committee and others across the organization to increase their profile and enhance their reputation within the donor community.
- Represent the organization at meetings with donors and external events.
Applicants must have-
- Educated to degree level or Master level.
- Knowledge of fundraising best practice.
- Knowledge of donors that support work in our sector (for e.g. DFID, EC, USAID, UK trusts and foreign ministries).
- Knowledge of programme design, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Understanding of working on issues of Governance, Health Education and Climate change (desirable).
- Significant senior fundraising experience within the charity sector.
- A proven track record of delivering fundraising success.
- Proven experience in managing people.
- Experience writing log frames.
- Proven success in obtaining DFID, USAID, EU funds.
- Experience of building capacity and sharing knowledge.
- Experience of budgeting and managing resources.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent influencing and relationship building skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent computer and IT skills.
- Creative, flexible character and a generator of new ideas.
- Willingness to be self-servicing, with a proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Commitment to Mobility Foundation goals and values.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV via email.
For more information, please visit Mobility Foundation.