Deadline: 26 May 2021
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Assistant Representative in Banjul, Gambia.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Assistant Representative will perform the following functions:
- Conduct policy dialogue with Government, UN and other development partners to incorporate UNFPA’s priorities and agenda into national plans and strategies, and UN systems, initiatives and development frameworks.
- Translate global strategies into country-specific advocacy strategies.
- Promote a results-based approach, integrating innovative policies and strategies into the design and formulation of country programmes, sub-programmes and projects.
- Ensure programmes are responsive to the country’s needs in areas of UNFPA’s strategic priorities.
- Facilitate the achievement of programme results by identifying, providing and coordinating inputs into programme development and implementation, ensuring programme monitoring and oversight, and coordinating and evaluating the inputs of consultants and technical experts.
- Promote knowledge sharing and continuous learning including testing, evaluating and documenting innovative strategies and best practices internal and external to UNFPA, and integrating these as appropriate.
- Contribute to resource mobilisation by identifying potential donors, preparing proposals including outlining co-financing resources for support to the country programme, and supporting the government and other agencies in coordinating assistance for programmes.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Public Health, Medicine, Sociology, Demography, Gender, International Relations, International Development, Economics, Public Administration, Management or other related discipline.
- 5 year’s progressively responsible professional experience in the field of development and population activities, including programme designing, appraisal and management.
- Demonstrate ability to refine programme design to ensure alignment of organisational programme objectives to national priorities/capacities.
- Proven ability to lead and manage teams to achieve demonstrable results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to foster engaged partnerships at a high level of representation and to maintain political partnerships.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French and/or Spanish, would be a plus.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.