Deadline: 7 July 2018
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Labour Based Training Specialist in Banjul, Gambia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Labour Based Training Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Continually review the status of the road contracting sector and its capacity to undertake labour intensive works.
- Identify their training needs and conduct/facilitate the training programme to enable them to implement road works, using labour-based or mixed technology methods, in a cost effective, qualitative acceptable and timely manner.
- Increase the awareness and knowledge of the Supervising Consultant in the Supervision of Labour Based Works.
- Assist the Project Team to establish good Contract Management practices in line with international standards.
- Identify the equipment, training and organizational needs for routine maintenance.
- Pilot and operationalize this type of maintenance on the project roads. If successful scale it up across the network.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline/field is required.
- Applicants with Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field with additional 2 years of experience will be considered in lieu of the Master’s Degree.
- Additionally, applicants with Technical/Professional Diploma with additional 4 years of relevant professional experience in Civil Engineering involving road construction will well be considered.
- Minimum 7 years of experience of road construction in developing Countries is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in training Labour-based contractors or direct implementation and supervising the implementation of Labour-based works is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.