Deadline: 17 May 2021
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer -NAMA Support Project in Banjul, Gambia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer -NAMA Support Project will perform the following functions-
- Participate in annual work plan development of the NAMA Support Project.
- Carry out annual risk assessments of the project and timely inform the PM about any implementation bottlenecks including delays of deliverables and deviation from standards specified in the log frame of the NAMA Support Project.
- Carry out periodic field/site visits to gauge and ascertain the progress of work on the ground and report to the PM accordingly.
- Coordinate closely with UNCDF to monitor the implementation of the PPA between NAWEC and the Independent Power Producer (IPP).
- Prepare the bi-annual NAMA Support Project reports for the Technical Support Unit and work closely with the PM to ensure timely delivery of the NAMA Support Project reports.
- Prepare a monitoring plan for GHG emission reduction reporting to ensure that the reduction target / commitment in the NAMA Support Project is met.
- Conduct SDG Impact Assessment with the UNDP Climate Action Impact Tool and generate annual reports to ensure the NAMA Support Project SDG impacts are achieved.
- Prepare communication pieces for the NAMA Facility Technical Support Unit and provide inputs for regular progress updates of the NAMA Facility project website in close collaboration with UNDP’s energy communication expert.
- Carry out any other duty assigned to him/ her by the PM as it relates to the overall goal and objectives of the NSP.
Applicants must have:
- Advance Degree in management/ project management, economics, development study or similar qualifications.
- At least 3 year’s relevant work experience in field of engineering, solar PV or any other related major projects.
- Experience working in one of the UN agencies and / or the Government of the Gambia for at least 5 year’s.
- Work experience in preparing MRV plans, developing MRV databases and experience in donor reporting.
- Work experience in donor funded projects that is financed by bilateral and multilateral financial agencies.
- Experience working / interacting with local stakeholders in the rural Gambia especially women and youths on environmental, energy and infrastructure project.
- Good background in monitoring reporting and verification (MRV) of GHGs, planning and/or developmental work will be an added advantage.
- Background in climate change mitigation, GHGs and energy landscape of the Gambia is essential.
- Analytical skill (economic and data analysis).
- Good computer literacy including word processing, spread sheet and other software packages, data base management
- Demonstrate data collection and analytical writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English and at least one of the main local languages.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.