Deadline: 29 August 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer in Banjul, Gambia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Policy Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical advice and backstopping for the RICAR project, providing advice to staff, partners and service providers.
- Provide supervision and oversight of monitoring of the RICAR project and coordinate with field staff to ensure that all achievements and activities are captured.
- Preparation and design concept notes and ToRs for service contracts, assessments, research and project outputs to support and advise implementation of activities.
- Identify and facilitate consultancy work, technical evaluations, oversight missions, and donor visits for asset creation activities of the Adaptation Fund Project.
- Participate in the selection of service providers such as researchers, insurance/ micro finance providers, construction/ developers and implementing partners.
- Lead and facilitate research, evaluations, oversight missions, and donor visits for activities of the Adaptation Fund Project.
- Serve as secretary for the National Project Technical Coordination Committee and ensure delivery and recording of the committee meetings, as well as ensuring attendees receive appropriate papers and agendas.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Environmental Science, Climate Change, Economics, Agriculture, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance.
- Minimum 2 year’s relevant professional working experience in either Soil and water conservation, the environment, agricultural production, or afforestation gained from reputable organizations.
- Experience in building partnership at institutional level (Government and bilateral international development agencies) in relation to resilience building/climate change adaptation/livelihood activities.
- Experience in supervising livelihood/climate change adaptation projects at scale, including projects in rural Gambia and overseas experience preferred.
- Experience in coordinating staff, and managing partnerships within a complex environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with innovative approaches.
- Working knowledge (proficiency level C) of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.