Deadline: 12 September 2018
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Banjul, Gambia.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Establish solid working relationship with the project board (Executive, Senior Users and Senior Suppliers), client and key stakeholders.
- Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover products.
- Advise the client on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance).
- Manage the information flows between the Project Board/Country Manager and the Hub and the project(s).
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management or other relevant discipline.
- Applicants with Bachelor’s Degree in with 7 years of relevant professional experience in Civil Engineering, Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management or other relevant discipline will be considered.
- 5 years of progressive experience in the road construction/ rehabilitation sector with an emphasis on rural roads is required
- At least 2 years in a project management role, with responsibilities on monitoring, reporting, development and coordination of projects in either public or private sector organizations.
- Fluency in both written and oral English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.