Deadline: 15 September 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Protection Specialist in Gambia.
The Social Protection Specialist will be accountable for designing a cash transfer programme and developing methodological guidance for the implementation of the Cash Transfer programme “Building Resilience through Social Transfers for nutrition security in the Gambia (BReST)” funded by an EU Grant.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social Protection Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Under the guidance of the Social Policy Specialist, provides effective technical support to the NaNA and DSW for the operation and implementation of the BReST in the selected districts and communities.
- Support the NaNA and DSW to ensure the BReST programme guidelines and requirements are adequately designed.
- Support the development of a system of on monitoring compliance to project guidelines and requirements.
- Ensure that any assistance needed by the NaNA and DSW to effectively administer the programme is provided on time and areas of capacity needs are accessed and support provided in consultation with supervisor and the technical team of UNICEF.
- Contribute to the development of beneficiary household data base system.
- Provide technical inputs to NaNA and DSW for the management of the BReST beneficiary household data and ensures that the data is readily made available for planning and adjustment purposes as may be required by UNICEF and other stakeholders.
- Support the design of a communication and information strategy to accompany the programme’s roll-out.
- Work closely with the Communication Specialist of UNICEF in the implementation of Communication and Visibility plan at the initial stage.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree (at least Master’s level degree) in project management or equivalent background, social development, development studies or other relevant disciplines.
- 5 years of relevant professional work experience in project management and social development work (preferably cash transfer, nutrition and livelihoods enhancement).
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.