Deadline: 25 November 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Project Officer (Infrastructure) in Georgia. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Project Officer (Infrastructure) will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to country programming and sector work, act as the focal point for assigned sectors, maintains close relationships with relevant government agencies, ADB headquarters staff, and development partners.
- Contribute to policy dialogue with the government on policy matters and institutional issues.
- Support processing of loans and TA projects, due diligence activities, and implementation readiness plans ensuring key technical, economic, financial, environmental, social, and other sector issues are addressed.
- Administer implementation of assigned projects, including monitoring, support to implementing agencies, and active problem identification.
- Take preventative and remedial actions and maintain a focus on delivery of project outputs, contract awards and disbursements, procurement, financial and safeguards compliance.
- Support regular portfolio management activities including active participation in Country and Quarterly Portfolio Review missions and monitor overall performance of projects in assigned sectors.
- Support preparation of Project Completion Reports and Technical Assistance Completion Reports as assigned.
- Maintain close cooperation with development partners and civil society organizations with interests and activities in infrastructure and especially urban services.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, civil engineering, public policy, law or relevant fields, preferably with advanced training.
- 6 year’s of relevant professional experience including project related work, sector work, administrative systems and procedures.
- Experience working on projects financed by multilateral or bilateral development agencies, including substantial responsibilities for project preparation, oversight or implementation.
- Familiarity with environment and social safeguards, and contract management.
- Understanding of public-private partnership modalities and their application to infrastructure services.
- Knowledge of social and environmental safeguards matters.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Nationality of Georgia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.