Deadline: 14 April 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance/Accounts Associate in Tbilisi, Georgia.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance/Accounts Associate will perform the following functions:
- Advise and assist on all aspects related to preparation of reports, compilation of data and answering queries on pledges recorded, funds received, adjustments made to ensure financial compliance, accuracy and completeness of data for its inclusion into statement of accounts and adjustment of budgets.
- Advise units of discrepancies and assist to resolve differences in their records.
- Maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports.
- Select and enters data from a wide variety of documents, verifying and ensuring accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
- Prepare recurring reports as schedules and special reports, as required for budget preparation, audits or other reasons.
- Close year-end account and assist in the preparation of year-end reports related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, prepayment, deposits, NEP and leave balances, etc.
- Advise and assists international staff, experts and consultants on all aspects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters, and calculates and authorizes payments due for claims and services.
- Initiate correspondence to verify data, answers queries and obtains additional information on accounts and financial transactions, as required.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required with professional/University level courses in Accounting and Finance/Business administration considered as an asset.
- Minimum 6 year’s clerical experience in the area of finance and accounting is required.
- Fluency of English and Georgian required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.