Deadline: 3 February 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Personnel (Procurement) in Tbilisi, Georgia. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Project Personnel (Procurement) will perform the following functions-
- Perform operational functions relating to the procurement process, including the preparation of documents related to assigned procurement actions, issuance of tenders and purchase orders, evaluation of bids, follow-up with suppliers, attendance at tender opening panel, draft simple note to the files, amendments and/ or renewals to contracts and service orders under the guidance of the supervisor(s), applying in-depth knowledge of the procurement applications and regulations etc.
- Review purchase requisitions, orders, contracts and tenders to ensure that they are technically complete and in conformity with established FAO rules and procedures.
- Ensure that procurement actions are completed in a timely manner in accordance with the relevant rules and procedures.
- Ensure timely information on the status of procurement activities and all related issues.
- Maintain and monitor database records related to procurement actions undertaken, assigned tenders, and contracts.
- Coordinate collection of statistical information on procurement actions and ensure that information maintained in the relevant systems is accurate and updated.
- Prepare, review and analyze periodic monitoring reports making recommendations and taking action as instructed.
- Participate in meetings with suppliers.
- Act as the Contracts Unit focal point for GRMS, UNGM and Intend.
- Review with the supervisor problems and discrepancies related to assigned actions and make recommendations to improve purchasing systems and procedures.
Applicants must have:
- University Education (Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or other related areas).
- 5 year’s of experience in procurement support work.
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English and Georgian.
- Knowledge of the MS Office package, Internet and office technology equipment.
- Nationality of Georgia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.