Deadline: 21 September 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Officer in Tbilisi, Georgia.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Officer will perform the following functions:
- Planning and implementing key aspects of operational procurement strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collaborate with project personnel and Managers in the preparation of procurement plans, awarding, administering and monitoring of all matters related to procurement for the office.
- Manage and coordinate procurement processes focusing on achieving the following results:
- Prepare elements of procurement plans, coordinate, support, and monitor their implementation.
- Management of contracts, vendors, and logistics:
- Review contracts and purchase orders prior to submission for approval.
- Ensure compliance and contribute to office development and compliance
- Ensure that procurement strategies, policies, processes and methods are complied with and practiced according to the UNOPS standards, best practices are promoted, and overall procurement oversight is provided.
- Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel on Procurement-related topics.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Procurement Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, finances or related fields is required.
- Completion of secondary school with additional certificates and year’s experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced University Degree.
- Relevant certification in procurement and supply chain management (CIPS or similar) is a distinct advantage.
- Chartered Institute of Supply and Management (CIPS) or similar international Certification is a distinct advantage.
- 2 year’s progressive experience in procurement of goods and/or services is required.
- Experience in the health, security and infrastructure sector procurement is an asset.
- Experience in providing procurement support services in international organizations is a strong asset.
- Fluency in English and Georgian is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.